Seraphie's Room: An Introduction


Welcome Readers!

My name is Seraphie and I am a junior English Major and Gender Studies Minor at Lewis and Clark. I am excited to start blogging about my experience, because not only do I partake in a wide variety of activities that LC offers and it would be nice for me to keep track of it all, but it will be interesting as a writer to see what I can do with it! 

Activities
This year, I am involved with being an RA in the Copeland Heights (C 40's and 50's), peer-counseling at the Queer Resource Center (QRC), co-chairing for the Ray Warren Symposium on Race and Ethnic Studies, playing on the Women's Golf Team, participating in Chess Club and working at Maggie's and the Dovecoat (LC's coffee shops).

Classes
I am taking three classes this semester: Gender in Relationships (Rhetoric and Media Studies 300), Intro to Short Story (English 200), and Joyce and Woolf (English 300). I also get 4 ethnic study credit's as a co-chair for the symposium.
In the spring semester, I am studying abroad in Australia. It is a LC trip, so I meet once a week with the group (about 15 of us) and our trip leader (David Campion, History professor) to get ready for our adventure.

What you should know before eating a turnip
So this part has nothing to do with a turnip, but it is about me.... I was born and raised in Santa Rosa, California (Bay Area). I love to play sports, read, bike, write, swim, watch class movies and people watch. I am very passionate about multicultural issues, especially those facing the Queer community. I live off of thought provoking questions and would love anything y'all could throw at me. Oh, I also have two sisters who I love with all my heart!

This is my room and I am on the right!

This Weekend
This weekend I went to the LC homecoming football game. We played Puget Sound and won 60-30! Football results! I sat next to pep-band, which was very loud (especially the cow bell). 
Pep Band supporting the team (10/5)

This post might have been too cheerful and optimistic for some of you, but never fear, I will not always give sunshine and roses. Please feel free to ask me any questions about LC or anything else life related! You can email me at (sallen@lclark.edu) and I will try to answer as soon as possible. 

Cheers! 

Seraphie

p.s. I called this post "Seraphie's Room: An Introduction" in honor of Virgina Woolf's novel Jacob's Room. Great read if you are interested.