Class, Dance, Sleep; Repeat

Hey friends,

I'm not really sure where this past week went but it's sort of slipped away from me. We're already done with the third week! We got a nice little reprieve though and had morning classes on Friday cancelled due to icy conditions.

Classes are all good, it's really interesting right now actually, my are beginning to overlap. Everything seems to come back to Organic Chemistry - which while it's interesting it's half annoying but half really cool because I understand what's happening. In Molecular and Cellular Biology we've been learning about the cell membrane and how the non-polar/polar molecules and the hydrophobic/hydrophilic molecules interact. Those characteristics all lead back to the types of molecules and bonds that are formed. In Brain and Behavior we've been learning about the pre and post synaptic charges and how information is sent and fired from the neurons. How a neuron determines it's ability to fire has to do all with the concentration gradient and electrochemical gradient of the ions. We've been learning about the Wittig Reaction in Ochem right now; which is a slightly complex reaction I won't bore you with.

I've been running a lot, continuing training, and been dancing tons too. I was so tired, after my one class on Friday I crashed for a nap.

Tuesday nights I have dance for South East Asia and Dance Y, Thursday nights I have Latin America and Dance Y, Saturdays are South East Asia and Latin America and Sundays are ACDA. All the dances are super fun and there are great people in each dance that I'm getting to meet.

Some behind the scenes: South East Asia Dance

Behind the scenes: Latin America Dance


Tomorrow's my birthday AHHH!! (Kind of scared to be turning 20...) I don't have a ton of plans for tomorrow though. I'm starting ACDA rehearsals for dance and then my mom is also driving down from Seattle to see me which will be nice. Other than that I don't have much else going on for right now. My friends and I will probably go out to Papa Hayden's up on 23rd; it's sort of become a tradition to do that for birthdays. Papa Hayden's is a fabulous place to go, their dessert menu is longer than their regular menu!!!

My 19th birthday last year :)

Anyways, that's all for this week :)

As always, if you have any questions or just want to talk you can reach me at ksaylor@lclark.edu I've gotten a few emails and I love hearing from prospees, so don't be afraid to reach out!

Kate