Counting down the days...

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update since I had disappeared for a while from posting. The last month leading up to finals was very chaotic for me due to travel plans I had made prior to knowing I would attend LC. So essentially I had to finish my semester two weeks early to leave for my trip December 13th. After feeling like I was totally losing my mind from stress and pressure I was able to leave for two weeks and RELAXXXXXX!

I had an amazing vacation with my family to New Orleans, where we hopped on a cruise ship and went to Central America via the Gulf of Mexico into the Caribbean Sea. We ended up traveling to -- Costa Maya, Mexico; Roatan, Honduras; Grand Cayman, The Cayman Islands; Santo Tomas de Castillo, Guatemala; Belize City, Belize; and Cozumel, Mexico. Then we returned December 23rd to New Orleans and I was there until the 26th.

Needless to say it was AMAZING! Some highlights of the trip:

  • I officiated my mother's wedding on the cruise ship, on the roof of the ship, on top of a helicopter pad, in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.. super legit
  • I kissed a dolphin
  • I held a sloth in my arms like a little baby
  • I saw a monkey tied to a leash, to someone's tree in their front yard
  • I jumped off waterfalls in the rain forest in Guatemala
  • I did zip-lining in the rain forest of Honduras
  • I went to a Mayan ruin in Mexico and made friends with the locals (I'm definitely going back)
  • I danced a lot
  • the best part was getting to spend quality time with my family because I rarely get to see a lot of them due to my demanding and busy schedule
 We went cave tubing in Belize -- that's a photo of my cousins Paulette, Genny, myself and Vincent.
 The spot we went cave tubing at, like once you got further downstream. There was giant orange iguanas in the trees
 From my mom's wedding day


 They dye the baby chickens different colors in Guatemala, we were so shocked to see this!

 
 Our whole group that went on the cruise.
 This is Flashlightning the most amazing sweet little honey pie sloth. I love him!
 Fresh meat!

Sorry to the vegans reading this.

 All types of seafood in the feria (street market)
Delicious vegetables for the vegans
Here is the poor lil guy tied to the tree

And now,... back to reality... 

see next post for more!

-Lukas
lukasmsoto@lclark.edu