RHMS Assignments

Hello All!

Now that I'm done with all the work for the IME Banquet, I have had more time to take a breathe and relax. It has been a great chance to get prepared for finals and to get everything straightened out for before I graduate. 

One thing that I have been reflecting on during this has been how I have changed my blogging style throughout the semester. In January, I started blogging for my Rhetoric and Media Studies class. In the beginning, it was a bit difficult because I have never blogged before. Fortunately, our teacher structured the class so that we would have time to talk about it in class with our classmates. I got a lot of help from my classmates and they gave me a lot of tips on how to make my blog even better. We also had blog coaches that leave us feedback every week which helps us know what we are doing right and what we can improve. 

I am not a Rhetoric and Media student and took this class just to widen my knowledge on the subject a bit, but this class has really made me wish that I had taken more time to take more classes like these. It was a very hands on class, and it really helped me put the theories that we learned about in class to practice. 

One of my favorite aspects of this assignment was that my teacher gave me the opportunity to write in Spanish. I am a native-Spanish speaker, and it is kinda nice being able to use my native tongue in a class other than Spanish class. Of course, I translate a lot of what I write, but it is still nice to be able to show my identity and my culture through this assignment in that way. 

I really enjoyed these classs, and if you all end up coming to Lewis and Clark College, I highly recommend taking a course in Interpersonal Media. It's a lot about what we use on a day to day basis, such as Instagram and Facebook and how it we interact with it. Pretty cool stuff!

Well, gotta keep working on my assignments. I'll be back next week!

Cheers, 
Elvi Ruan
eruan@lclark.edu