Homecoming and Coming Home


Hey friends!

Rose Garden
It’s homecoming this weekend! Which - for me, means about nothing… I haven’t gone to a single football game at LC in my 4 years…which I should … but…. probably won’t happen. 

(To be fair, I went to every single football game in high school because I was in marching band, but it was never for the football haha; We used to joke that the field was the marching band field because we won more than the football team did) 

However my mom came down for the parent’s weekend :) 
My mom just spent a few weeks back East for her work but flew in Thursday and came to visit on Friday. Over the weekend I had a lot of work, but we still were able to go see the Portland Rose Gardens! I've never been before and it's really beautiful! Something you should for sure check out if you're in the area visiting LC or if you end up becoming a student at LC.   
Measuring embryos after imaging with florescence microscopy 

This last week was another busy one in the books and this coming week (bless) is a shortened week with FALL BREAK!!!! 

Not much new besides just being busy. 

We're finishing imaging and measuring our embryos from the mutant strain and comparing them to the parent strain. 


Dance is coming along really well to! Our first showing is coming up the Sunday after fall break and we just finished a whole song and we have a lot of fragments from the other 3 songs. 

Speaking of, Fall Break is THIS WEEK! Starts on Thursday and then we have off until Monday :) I'm so ready, but I still have to get over the next midterm hump; I still have a structural exam this Wednesday. This fall break I'm staying on campus, I have a lot of work to get done, but I also have a great friend who graduated last year coming up from CA. 

Not a whole lot thats interesting right now, but hopefully I'll have more to report in the coming weeks ... especially after the dance showing!! The dance showing is our only time we actually see the other pieces. All the dances come together and show each other what they've been working on so far and then we get feedback. We also get the first round of photos!!! (If you don't know, I am obsessed with dance photos) Anyways, I'll hopefully have a more exciting week with Fall Break and then I'll have a better blog :0 haha sorry you guys!

Cheers!
Kate