Work at LC?

 



Hello there!

Thanks for joining me for another blog post. This week I will be writing about working at Lewis and Clark and what a great opportunity it is. First of all, work at LC is great. As a student, you are given the unique opportunity to work when YOU are available to work and you can work a job that's interesting to you. There are a multitude of jobs ranging from tour guide to tutor to athletic trainer to even working as a landscaper! 

Now as a student, grades and overall college experience are very important. But, working at LC can easily be added into your life without taking away from other aspects. Most of the jobs on campus are flexible and you can tell your supervisor when you are available to work or not. Working a job also gives you an opportunity to connect with people you might not see very often. For me, I have met many people through my job that I probably would never have met if I didn't work! 

Now the question everyone is wondering is HOW IS THE PAY?? Well, I'll say for starters that the pay is good. You can work whenever you want and you will get paid a good amount for your time. Many jobs are relatively relaxing and it is a great opportunity to get out of your dorm room and make money at the same time!

For example, I work on the Game Day Operations crew. We setup, supervise, and clean up after the various sporting events at LC. Through this job, I have been able to meet new people, watch different sporting events, gain new experiences (such as be on the sidelines helping the referees during football games), gain valuable job experience, and also of course make some dough. 

The picture above is one that I took while working a women's soccer game. Pretty cool right? Anyways, I hope that you learned a little more about working at LC as a student because it is a pretty big part of my life and I think everyone should try it at least once!

- Tyler