Fall Ball and Applications

Last Saturday was Fall Ball, which is the school's annual fall dance. It was held at the Crystal Ballroom, which is a really cool venue downtown. It looks like an old ballroom, with murals and a chandelier. The floor also bounces when you move on it, which is pretty cool.
There was also an awesome photo booth
I also got to register for my classes for next semester. I'm pretty excited.
No classes before 10:20 is a good thing.
Now, I'm focusing on my last tests and projects before Thanksgiving break. I'm in a weird half-vacation mode right now, because my family is in town. Because my brother and his fiancĂ©e live in Portland, my family thought it made sense to come here instead of fly us home. Due to ticket prices, they're here yesterday through Friday, so I'm squeezing in seeing them with classes.

I know a lot of you are working on applications/anxiously awaiting results from early action/decision applications right now. I can't believe I was doing it only a year ago! I have a message for you (I included a version with lyrics so you can sing along):

Don't worry about where you get in. This coming from someone who stressed over the whole process way too much, I promise that it will work out. If you don't get into one of your top choices, chances are that you'll be happy wherever you end up. You'll meet friends, get in the groove of things, and have a hard time imagining yourself elsewhere.

Don't worry about "knowing" which school is right. Sometimes, you get a feeling. If you have a feeling, go with it. If it helps, make pro/con lists for each school, but in the end, you should go with what feels right. If multiple schools feel like they could be right, chances are they both could be.

If you have any questions, doubts, comments, anything, please contact people from the school. People work in admissions offices to help you, and you should use that to your advantage. Here at LC, all of us bloggers are always available to answer questions. Your local admissions counselors, your high school counselors, the admissions office- you have lots of resources. Even if you don't have a specific question, just talking to a current student can help lessen any concerns.

I wish you all the best of luck- LC is truly a great place, and I'm happy you're looking here. If you applied here, my guess is that you're pretty awesome. As always, email me at rekidder@lclark.edu if you want to talk about anything.

Happy Thanksgiving, and good luck with applications!