Trailblazers Game

As I believe I have mentioned before, I am part of the Pios guiding Pios program here at Lewis & Clark. This program pairs up first year students (transfer/freshman etc.) with upperclassmen as their mentors. Not only can we do anything with our mentees whenever we want but there are also specific events that the program hosts once or twice a month for the mentees and the mentors to attend together.

This past Sunday, I went to a Trailblazers game in the Rose Garden with my mentee and others that are part of the program. The Trailblazers is Portland's professional basketball team. It was so much fun. I had never gone to a professional basketball game before, so this was a really fun experience. I've always loved watching any kind of sport live. We had seats that were right behind the basketball hoop, about 20 rows up and we could see everything so well.


 The game was super close - the score going back and forth every couple of seconds. Portland was playing the Chicago Bulls, and there were some Bulls fans in the stadium, but most people were Trailblazers fans :)  

The Trailblazers ended up winning against the Bulls 102-94. It's always super exciting when you win a home game. Everyone was so excited and confetti fell from the ceiling at the end. The atmosphere was great the whole time, but it was especially fun at the end when they won!


I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I will write about what I did this Thanksgiving, on my blog next week! Please feel free to contact me at drussosavage@lclark.edu if you have any questions or just want to reach out and say hi to someone who is a student at Lewis & Clark.

I will leave you with this image that I found on someone's dorm door. Please take a chance today! You never know what it may bring!


Happy Thanksgiving!