Back to LC

Hey everyone,

I'm currently waiting for my flight in the airport, so I figured I'd use this time to update everyone on the end of my break and the beginning of the semester.

The rest of my break went well. It was really warm for Minnesota, in the high 30s and 40s a lot of the time. Given, today the windchill is like -30 and the high is -4, so I think I got out in time. Most of my friends left a week or two before our break ended, but a couple friends were still home.
At one point we went ice skating. I'm a bad Minnesotan and haven't skated since I was about 7, so I had some issues staying upright. I didn't fall, though!
I left home yesterday, because I had to be back on campus today for the Day of Service. I have a leadership and service scholarship that requires me to volunteer a couple of times a year, and there is a city wide volunteer event today in honor of MLK day. Thinking I was going to get into Portland around 8 last night, I thought I had plenty of time. I was wrong. My first plane was delayed, so I missed my connection from Phoenix to Portland. Long story short, the airline paid for a hotel room and I'm flying out of Phoenix this morning. Hopefully I'll be back in my dorm around noon today, but if I've learned anything from this experience, it's to not be sure of anything when it comes to traveling.

Once I get back, I need to pick up my books for my classes next semester (Spanish, French, E&D and intro to environmental studies). I'm excited to see all of my friends again (especially since I was supposed to see them yesterday). Then, classes start tomorrow! This semester I'm planning on tutoring some elementary school kids and also having a radio show, in addition to how busy I was with schoolwork last semester. I'm looking forward to it!

If you have any questions, please email me at rekidder@lclark.edu. I'm here to help!