A little bit of everything...

It's finally April! Congratulations to all of you who have been accepted to Lewis & Clark! Whether or not you end up deciding to go here, I wish you all the best in your decisions. Wherever you end up, although colleges are all different and they all have special factors to them, a large part of the college experience is what you make of it.

This last week was Spring Break for all of us at LC. It was a much needed break. Two of my close friends and I decided to take a trip up to Vancouver, BC for a few days since none of us had ever been and one of my friends just got accepted to Grad school there! People here at LC usually do one of 5 things for Spring Break: Go to California, Seattle, Vancouver, home, on a College Outdoors trip or stay at LC.

My time in Vancouver was absolutely wonderful. It was really funny to see how many people from LC we would run into there. Another group of people from LC were actually staying at the same hostel as us.

We did so much exploring during our time in Vancouver. We went to Stanley Park twice, once just to walk around and the other time we rented bikes and biked around the whole park. We also went to the aquarium that same day which was in the park itself. My friend and I rented a tandem bike, and it was the first time I had ever ridden one! It was so much fun but  it was tough at times to make sure we were pedaling in sync.

The view there was absolutely gorgeous as well. Vancouver has an ocean front, towering mountains, and a beautiful skyline. We wanted to do some hiking but unfortunately the mountain we were looking at hiking didn't open until April 1st.



During our time in Vancouver we also ate at Japadog (a japanese hot dog cart), explored Gastown (the older part of the city), went to clubs and bars and hung out at a hostel with many other people around our age who had come to Vancouver from all over the world.



The one thing that shocked me while in Vancouver was the tax! I got so used to the fact that Oregon has no sales tax and when I went to Vancouver the amount we were taxed on items was incredible. Oh well, I guess I better get used to that again for next year when I go to Germany.

We came back a few days early from Vancouver, and the weather here was sooo gorgeous that a couple of my friends and I decided to drive up to Cannon Beach, Oregon for a day. It was so warm that we could suntan. It was wonderful! Living in Portland has definitely made me appreciate the time I have with the sun so much more than I ever did before.



Anyways, now we are back in the final push of classes. We have about 3 and a half more weeks until study days for finals. These next few weeks will be all work, work, work and then we get rewarded with summer! I'm excited about summer but it will also be hard to leave this beautiful place.

I won't get too ahead of myself now though.

Until next week,

Delia