Hey Dudes and Dudettes,

     Welcome back to my blog! A lot has happened since my last post. Most notably, last weekend, I saw Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar do a show. It was really awesome. Kendrick is one of my favorite rappers, and he didn't disappoint. Before the show I heard people say that Kendrick is not great live. It is true that he did not have any crazy lights or dancers, but, he was still awesome. He played M.A.A.D city, Poetic Justice, and Swimming Pools. They were all awesome I liked it because he just stood there and let the songs speak for themselves. I feel like thats the best way to do it.
      The concert was in Seattle, so that makes two weekends in a row that I've been up there. I had a real nice time. Seattle takes a while to explore. I spent two full days just driving around and visiting all the sites. It is a really cool town, and I still don't think I got in all the exploring a wanted to do. However, in the end, I think I like Portland better. Seattle is really big, and, while I like big to a certain extent, I don't think I would rather visit that feel rather than live in it. For me, Portland is the perfect balance between big and small. I describe Portland as a series of towns that ran into one another (historically that is actually what happened). This creation means that Portland feels small, and it is really easy to find different cultures around the City. Each section has its own merits, and I like the ability to jump in-between them.
       Last week was a pretty easy week in terms of school. I told you guys last time that I had just finished all my midterms. The great thing about midterms is that, once their done, you are free from stress for a while. So, last week I got to spend some time reading and doing research not required for class. Currently, I am reading Game of Thrones. It is a great book/series. Up until last week I had only seen the T.V. show. I think the books are just as good, if not better. I also did some research/reading on the Chinatown in San Francisco. It is really interesting to track the history of places, and Chinatowns are really interesting places to study.
       In my extra time last week, I also started captain's practices. With the season over, the team needed an opportunity to practice, so, twice a week Kevin (the other captain) and myself run a practice. We usually just hit a little and play doubles. We don't need much more than that, because we also make sure that everyone on the team plays at least two matches a week. I don't know how much the practices will help come season time, but I think they can't hurt. So far, they practices have been really fun. I was happy to see that most of the team could work diligently outside of the eyes of the coaches.
      Well, thats about it on my end. I hope you all are having a good life wherever you are. I'm trying to set up some sort of inbox so you guys can message me with any questions. Until then, just hope that I magically answer them on here. Allright, keep it real.

Carter