England

This past weekend was so much fun. I travelled to England for a few days. One of the things I love most about living in Europe is that it is so easy and not that expensive to travel between countries. I have really good family friends from my hometown in Vermont who moved to England around 15 years ago. They invited me this weekend to visit them because they were having a Thanksgiving celebration a few weeks early at their house. It was a wonderful weekend. We ate lots of delicious food. Turkey, Gravy, Potatoes, Carrots, Pie, the whole lot. We also went on a few walks in the beautiful English country side and on a beach that is right near their house. It was just wonderful to be with family, especially now. When you do go abroad, I would expect to have some sort of homesickness at some point or another. Even when I was at Lewis & Clark my first year I was homesick at a few points. It's completely normal and happens (for me at least) mostly around holiday times. It's hard not to be able to go home and celebrate holidays with your family. It was wonderful for me though to be able to visit my friends who are pretty much like family to me. It was also my first time back in England in around 7 years. So I was able to see their new house, which is actually an old pub remade into a house. I will be going back for Christmas, to their house in Wales which should also be a ton of fun. I'm really looking forward to it. For now though, I will be trudging through these next five weeks of school. Wish me luck!

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me at drussosavage@lclark.edu

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving next week!

I will be celebrating here in Germany with my program. We will each be making something and bringing it potluck style to a Thanksgiving dinner next thursday. More about that next week.

Delia