Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

Hello All, welcome back to my blog. Last week was pretty standard. Unfortunately, I spent a lot of time in the library. I finalized my recovery from my concussion on Tuesday. For the rest of the week, I tried to get caught up with school. It was kind of stressful, but I got it all done in the end. Fortunately, much of the work/reading was really interesting. My favorite assignment, by far, was to watch a movie. Periodically, we will be assigned films to supplement our readings. The one assigned this week was amazing. If anyone out there is a movie geek, I recommend La Haine. We had to watch La Haine for my Islam in Europe class. I loved the movie, it is really gritty, and is very well done. In other news, I also finished up my final essay for my prison class, and presented my final scene for my acting class. For some reason, my semester wrapped up earlier than normal. I now really only need to focus on two classes. It is a nice weight off my chest. 
On Thursday night the second installment of the Hunger Games came out. Somehow, Madeline and I were drawn into a group of midnight premiere goers. This group consisted mostly of the cross-country team. They all wanted to go, and, somehow, they roped me into attending. My friend Nick bought Madeline and I tickets when he got his. What was I supposed to do, not go? I ended up enjoying myself. I hated the first movie, but I thought this one had a marked improvement. We ended up going to a pie place called Bannings afterwards. It is a nice place to go when it is really late. When it was all said and done we didn't get back to campus until three thirty in the morning. I regretted my excursion on Friday, but by Saturday it wasn't so bad.
Basketball season is under way. Many of my residents are basketball players and I have enjoyed watching their first games. They were gone much of the weekend to play a tournament in North Cali. They ended up one and one, but I think they were happy with how they played. The girls season has also begun. On Wednesday, I went to see the girls play Lewis-Clark State. We ended up losing a heartbreaker in overtime. The girls from Lewis-Clark were really good, and it was really fun to watch two really good teams go at it. Basketball season is my favorite season. There is great community at the games, and I really enjoy hanging out with my friends watching the game.
We are about to get a nice Thanksgiving break. My family will be up here all week to celebrate the holiday with me. I am looking forward to seeing them. Although, I will say that it would be nice to be in Colorado. It is beautiful there this time of year. My parents plan to rent out an apartment for the weekend, so we will cook thanksgiving dinner there. I am exited to see them and have a break. Well guys, thats all I have for this week. I hope you all have a happy holiday. You'll here from me after the break.

Carter