Lists

Today I wrote a list of everything I have to do in the rest of the semester, and it didn't even take up a whole page.

I wrote it as follows:

IA: Quiz on human rights/humanitarian intervention. Short (1 pg) paper due 1 pm on 12/18. 1 more class period.
Spanish: Turn in paper. Study for test on 12/11. Take-home final, due 12/17 at 8:30 am. 2 more class periods.
ENVS: Plan project proposal for final period (12/17 6 pm). Print poster, attend poster celebration 12/11 at 5 pm. One more class period, one more lab.
Climate Science: Finish reading chapters 15 and 16. Study for final (12/14 6 pm). One more class period, one more lab.
Bio: Final meeting today at 11:45 am.
Symposium: Plan write ups of what we've been planning, to share at poster celebration on 12/11. Continue researching keynotes.
Other: Pack, print boarding pass, get presents for family and friends, finish laundry and tidying up my room.

I like being at the point in the semester where I can write down every single thing I have to do, and can cross things off as I go. It's nice to see it all laid out.

This weekend kind of felt like the calm before the storm. On Saturday I went to the Portland Art Museum with one of my roommates. I had never been there before, and it was a nice way to spend my morning.
I appreciated the art.

We came back and I attempted to work on my Spanish essay, but ended up taking a nap. It was probably better in the long run. I then worked on my essay most of the evening, and managed to get a rough draft out.

On Sunday I spent the day editing my essay. I actually feel pretty good about it. I took a break in the afternoon to go to the orchestra concert, which was really good! I hadn't been to any this year, and one of my really good friends is in it, so I thought it would be a nice way to spend time- and I was right. In the evening my roommates and I decorated some pine boughs as a mini-tree for our room. We made ornaments out of earrings, and by taping hair bands onto other objects.
It's pretty cute. We even put presents under it!
I hope that everyone is giving one last push before break- it'll be here soon! Good luck as you continue to work on your college applications. If you have any questions, please email me at rekidder@lclark.edu.

-Rebecca