Heyo!

Hey everyone!

My name's Rebecca, and I'm going to be one of the bloggers you'll be reading this year. Some of you might remember me from my posts throughout the last two years, but if you're new here, nice to meet you!

A little bit about me: I'm a junior environmental studies and Hispanic studies double major. I'm originally from Minnesota, and I like to talk about it a lot. I'm really involved with ukulele orchestra and College Outdoors, and I do other spontaneous things throughout the year like volunteer with Student Leadership and Service and, of course, do all the work for my classes. This year I'm living off campus with five lovely ladies, and in the spring I'll be studying abroad in Valparaíso, Chile.

My house/housemates! I'm the one with the grey shirt in the back
This semester I'm taking four classes: Environmental Education, which includes a practicum at the nearby Tryon Creek State Park, Colonial Latin American History, Intro to Drawing, and a Spanish conversation class. On top of that, I am a co-chair for the environmental studies department's annual Environmental Affairs Symposium. This year's theme is "We the Anthropos" and explores a variety of perspectives on what it means to be a human in this new era called the anthropocene. It's been a lot of work, but I've really enjoyed getting the Symposium ready. It's happening in just a few weeks, so it's coming up! I also am a tutor for the sophomore environmental studies class, Environmental Analysis.

I'm excited to write for you all, and good luck to all of you getting started on your college applications! If you have any questions about anything, feel free to email me at rekidder@lclark.edu.

-Rebecca