The End is Near!

It’s almost here. The end of my first semester at Lewis and Clark College. Boy, I can not wait to be done with this semester.

I am also not looking forward to finals. The next few weeks will be a very stressful time with all the studying coming. We finish classes on December 10 and have two days for reading and studying. Then my first final, in E&D, is on that Saturday. My next two finals will be on Tuesday and Wednesday, then I’m done!

That being said, I am very happy that Thanksgiving is here. This past week I had two tests and a draft on our ivy report due. Most of my weekend was spent working in the library studying for my chemistry test on Monday. Getting that test over with was such a huge relief. I spent most of Sunday afternoon in the library working with my bio lab group. We agreed to meet up in the late afternoon to get it over with. It took us almost around five hours to beat procrastination and fatigue to get it done. After that it was time to cram a bit for chemistry.  Now that it is over with, I can finally relax and get ready for my girlfriend Ava to get here on Wednesday. We are both going to spend Thanksgiving here! We are going to spend more time exploring the city and seeing what Portland has to offer.
Anna, Kelley, and I working on our project in the library. 

So since football has been over with, our offseason workouts have just started. Our coaching staff has already given us workouts to do. As a team, we usually lift in the mornings at 8 AM on Mondays and Fridays and at 6:30 AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with Wednesdays being our days off. Personally, I enjoy working out in the mornings. Yes, I do have a hard time waking up and dragging myself out of bed. Once I am there though, I usually have a lot more energy than I would later in the evenings. On the Tuesday and Thursday morning lifts, we run for an hour with all the other sports teams that are out of season as well.Working the other athletes helps bring us all together and creates a very big family that supports one another.  Lewis and Clark is very fortunate to have Coach Ang, our own strength coach. She is incredibly helpful to all of us. She is the one that makes all of our workouts and keeps an eye to make sure that we are performing the lifts correctly.
Our awesome weight room!

My friend Dylan doing front squats.



Well, that’s all I have for now. It was a busy week and I didn’t get the chance to get out and do much, but after all, school does come first. Everyone have a fun and wonderful Thanksgiving!

-Until next time everyone,
Remington Campbell