Weekend Home

This week, snow was in the forecast for Portland. That’s a rare occurrence here. So while everyone was bundling up to prepare for cold weather, I was breaking out my flips and shorts because I was going home for the weekend! I live about two hours east of San Diego out in the desert, so it was 80 degrees there when I was leaving 32 degree Portland.


My flight was at 6:30 in the morning, so I took the Pio and the Max out to the airport late Wednesday since the Pio does not run that early in the morning. I got to PDX airport around 11 at night and settled in to wait for my flight. I was bursting with excitement all that night, but I had to busy myself with watching movies on my tablet.


I arrived in San Diego Thursday morning at about 8:30, and then I had to learn how to use San Diego’s public transportation. I had to take the 992 bus to Santa Fe station, then get on the green line for the Trolley to get to San Diego State University, where my girlfriend Ava was waiting for me! After walking around for a few minutes, she found me and gave me a tour of the entire campus. SDSU campus was huge.


Once her classes were over, we went down to the beach to watch the sunset. Also  I wanted to be able to rub it in for some of my friends in Portland who were sitting in the snow. It was nice being able to relax on the beach and watch the sun set. Once it got darker, we headed over to a Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner.


Friday morning, after Ava finished classes again, we headed home. My friend from high school, Donovin, who also attends SDSU, got a ride with us. It was amusing watching him (he is 6’5”) fit into Ava’s two door Honda Civic. Driving back, I felt as if I was in a dream. It had been almost three months since I had been there and it didn’t feel real. Seeing all the brown and dusty light green was such a contrast from Portland’s dark green forests.
Donovin enjoying the ride. 


Once I got home, time flew by too quickly. I spent a of lot of time either with my family, being with Ava, or eating carne asada (Mexican marinated beef - a local favorite). It was so wonderful to sleep in my bed and see my family. Also, seeing my dogs was a lot of fun! I missed how dumb they are. It was all over too fast. Now I just need to wait one more month until Christmas break.


Carne Asada Plate.




Now that I am back at Lewis and Clark, I am in full work mode. I have two tests within the next week for biology and chemistry and an essay due next Wednesday for E&D. Also my bio lab group needs to put together our draft of the ivy study we conducted. You can say that this week might be a bit stressful, but I am ready to take on this challenge so that I can get to Thanksgiving.


Until next week guys,
Remington

Alex, my brother, and I at breakfast.

Ava enjoying the beach!

Treat?