Welcome Back!

Hello everyone, my name is Remington Campbell. I am a sophomore here at Lewis & Clark College, and I am excited to be back blogging for the Admissions office again. For those of you  who read this  last year, welcome back. For those of you who  are new to it, let me introduce myself a bit.


As I mentioned, this will be my second year. I am a Pre-Med/Bio-Chem major and also a member of the football team here at L&C. I am from Brawley, California, which is about two hours east of San Diego and an hour west of Yuma, Arizona. Where I come from, it can get really hot in the summers, so I’m glad to come up to Portland to beat the heat in August. One cool thing about me is that I want to become a large animal veterinarian, specializing in production animals such as cattle, pigs, sheep, and other farm animals.


This past summer was a lot of fun for me. I spent almost every day working in a feedlot about thirty minutes from my house back home. Now for those of you who  don’t know, a feedlot is where cattle are sent to grow before heading to slaughter. Since I want to become a vet, I was given the chance to work in here in order to get some experience working with these animals first hand. Most days I spent cleaning the drinkers where the cattle get their water, but other days I got to drive around with my boss and learn how the operations worked out there, or if the vet was there, I got to go ask him questions and talk with him. Basically it was a really cool, dirty,  paid internship. Most days I came home covered in dirt and could not enter the house until I took my boots and jeans off.


Now that I am back here in Portland, I am keeping very busy with my four classes that I have this year. Right now, I am taking Spanish 201, Calculus 1, Physics 151, and Organic Chemistry. It’s quite a busy schedule.  Most of my days are spent either doing homework, studying, or practicing football. Don’t worry, I have fun too, but I’ll get to that later.


So that’s just a little bit about me for now. I’m sure you’ll get to know me more as the year progresses. So stay tuned!

Remington
My girlfriend Ava and I. 

My two dogs, Scottie and Aussie, and I.

View of the Columbia Gorge from a hike I took last year.