Almost Break TIme

The past week here at Lewis & Clark has been very eventful leading up to Thanksgiving break. Last week on Wednesday, a majority of the school held a protest in response to several racist comments that were posted on Yik Yak, an app that lets you post anonymously that only people in your area can view. Then this past weekend, a student was assaulted around midnight  here in what appears to be a racially motivated attack. It saddens me that racism is still prevalent on so many campuses and in cities across the nation. Fortunately, the Portland Police are investigating the incident, and we hope that they find whoever did this. Thankfully we have campus safety 24/7 and there are several places where you can hit an emergency button and campus safety will respond very quickly.

Despite  these negative things, life goes on no matter what. I am definitely excited to get home tomorrow and relax for a few days. It’s crazy that this semester is almost over. Once I get back from this break, it will be time to start studying for finals. I am going to be spending a lot of time in the library preparing for all my finals so that I can finish the semester strong and get really good grades.

Now that football is completely over, I have so much more free time on my hands. It feels strange not having to constantly be planning my schedule for homework, workouts, and when to eat three days in advance. Since I don’t have any practice at night, I usually try to workout after my classes are done and then eat dinner. After that, I usually head to the library to relax and work on some homework. Other than that, I really haven’t done much. Once I get back, I am planning on going snowboarding at least once at Mt. Hood. I love how close we are to the mountain. Being from the desert, I rarely  got the opportunity to go snowboarding or be around snow, so I love that I am so close to it here.I might even sign up for a class next semester that goes on the weekends up to Mt. Hood just so I can snowboard every chance I get. The school offers a bus ride up to the mountain in order that people can go.

Well, that’s all I have for this week. It’s been rather slow here, other than the unfortunate situation, since it is almost Thanksgiving. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

-Remington
Watching the Timbers. They are in the playoffs!

My favorite place to go to in the library,