New Adventures Ahead...

Hey all!

I've just finished officially finished lectures today, and we all know what that means.
Well, exams. But after that!
It's only after college that most people realize the summers breaks between years in college are the PERFECT times to get some experience under your belt. For those lucky few, this may be the first time that they have any sort of job, and while bussing tables or working at the local grocery might not be the most appealing summer experience, trust me it's just as valuable in terms of life experience as an internship. For those prospective high school students, regardless of where you end up choosing as your home for the next 4 years, make use of the summer you have between high school and college, you will not regret it!

As for myself, I'll be packing up my bags soon after the last exam and heading off to the Malheur National Forest in eastern Oregon. Working with the Forest Service has been a great pleasure for me in the past few years, and I'm excited to get back outdoors doing field work for conservation.

This may be the last blog post I write for Real Life LC, so I hope that everyone out there has a wonderful summer and finishes the school year strong.

Much love, jay


Questions, comments, in Portland for the weekend? Tag me @jayhidekichu on instagram or email me at jaychu@lclark.edu

Cheers everybody! Jay

About me: Transfer sophomore Lewis & Clark College. Major: Environmental Studies, Minor: Japanese