Welcome Back!

Hey friends!

Welcome back to Real Life/ if you're just checking this out for the first time, welcome!

If you're new, my name is Kate Saylor, I’m a sophomore and I’m majoring in biology on the pre-med track.



I work at a ton of places across campus such as the College Outdoors program, I worked in the bookstore last semester, I work with the admissions office and I'm involved with a little bit of the ISLC and TCK program (international students and third culture kids). So if you have any questions about any of those LC programs please reach out!

I love to dance, and I've been a part of LC's dance community dancing in Dance X and Dance Y for every performance, as well as Hip Hop Club. In March I'm also going to be attending ACDA! My choreographer from Dance X this past fall is bringing our dance to the American College Dance Association to be adjudicated by professionals to receive feedback. While we're there we will also be able to take master classes every day and I am over the moon excited! I'm also a member of the Pugilism Club. If you have any questions you can always reach me at ksaylor@lclark.edu

Dance X 2016!

I have much more about me on my first blog post: http://reallifelc.blogspot.com/2016/10/hi-friends.html

So the new semester has just begun but I've been on campus since January 4th receiving my Wilderness First Responder Certificate with Nols Edu as part of my work with College Outdoors, but also as a step in my pre-med work and for other jobs down the road. It was an incredible course, I learned loads and had tons of fun. We had a few hiccups with the weather since it's been a record snow fall winter! The campus is always pretty stunning, but it's drop dead gorgeous in the snow!

View overlooking the reflecting pool and Mt. Hood

Sunny and Snowy Campus!

With the new year and new semester, I have new classes too. I'm continuing my organic chemistry course, starting Biology200 which is cellular biology and the rest of my schedule is coming along but hopefully I will be in Calculus 2 and maybe Brain and Behavior...

Also with this new year, I'm also starting out some new resolutions (let's see how long they last...) but a small group of my friends and I have begun to train for the Portland Marathon next October! With the snow, it's been slightly challenging, but it hasn't stopped us! We went for a 5 mile run in Tryon the other day. Tryon is a beautiful nature sanctuary right next to LC. It's full of beautiful forest and some streams. If you take Biology 141/151 or Chemistry 120 you'll have a few excursions for experiments! It's a great place if you want a little nature break or if you want to go for a run.

Beautiful and Sunny Tryon

Anyways, I shall be posting every week, probably more towards the weekend.

As always I'm always here if you have any questions at ksaylor@lclark.edu

Cheers for now~
Kate