History and Intramural Soccer

So this past week, intramural soccer started, which has been a lot of fun so far. Every Wednesday and Sunday we play our games at night out on the football field against other teams that have signed up to play. It has been a great way to get a break from school and play something else besides football, even though I am not as good at it. Fortunately, we only play across the field, so it isn’t as much running as a full field. My team is made up mostly of other guys from the football team as well, and we like to have a lot of fun playing it. We even had t-shirts made that have our team name on them and numbers on the back! We will be playing soccer for the next few weeks, and then we switch to basketball later on.

Right now classes are going well. Currently I am taking two history classes, which is a nice switch up from all my science classes that I have to take. With these history classes, since these are my first ones that I have taken here at Lewis and Clark, it has given me a different perspective on the way history has been taught to me before. It has definitely made me consider a lot of things that I have never thought of before, which allows me to try to see different perspectives in the world. It is nice because I have science classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and my history classes on Tuesday and Thursday. This allows me to completely switch my brain onto one specific subject for the day instead of bouncing around from history to metabolic biochemistry, which are two completely different things.

Other than classes and soccer, there isn’t a whole lot going on at the moment. There is a threat of snow again, which is weird because it is almost March and it has been so cold. Hopefully Spring is right around the corner, because I am ready for the sunshine again.

That's all for this week,

Remington