Break to Business

Hi everyone! How are you? How's it going?

Fall Break was this weekend so we had Friday and the weekend off! My friends and I used this to our advantage and had movie nights! On Thursday night, we first went to Japan Club's movie night where we watched "Once in a Blue Moon"/ "A Ghost of a Chance" which was really good but really confusing at times. Then we went to my friend's room in Akin, laid out a bunch of snacks, and watched "The Little Vampire" which, to me, reminds me of my childhood. We all decided to sleep over in Akin because of how late it was and that was the start of my Fall Break.


The next morning, I actually had to wake up around 10 which was a bad idea because we didn't go to sleep until around 2. The reason I had to wake up around 10 was that I was volunteering for LC's open house! If you went, I was one of the people with the bright orange LC shirt with all the signs on it. My job was to make sure that people parked in Gate 5 and if they were walking, I directed them on how to get to Templeton. I really missed volunteering so it was super nice to be able to do it again.



When I finished volunteering, I just kinda chilled the rest of the day and did some of my E&D reading which was Book 7 and 8 of The Aenid by Virgil. I guess the best part of my break was that my cousin, who lives in Portland, took me out on Saturday and we went to eat Pho. It was sooooooooooooo good!! I did take a picture of it and put it on snapchat (too make all my friends jealous lol jk) but, of course, I forgot to save the photo so I can't share it here  (╥_╥) 

But now that fall break is over, it's back to classes and working. Today, I had a meeting with my College Advisor, Krystle Perkins (who is amazing btw), and we created a draft of my four-year plan. The more I look at it, the more intimidating it looks but nothing is set so that kinda relieved some of y stress. 
Four Year Plan with Study Abroad!
In about half an hour, I have my second class of the day which is Calculus 1 with Professor Sweta so for lunch I went to the Trail Room with my friend Allie and we just chilling before class. The Trail Room is where you go to grab things like pizza, burger, whatever kind of noodle bowl they have, and such if you don't have time to grab lunch at The Fields Dining Room.

Allie!
I gotta head to class now so I hope you all enjoyed my blog post this week and that you all have an amazing rest of your week! Remember that you come first so remember to take care of your health, both physical and mental!

If you have any questions or just want to talk, you can reach me at:

jessicadoan@lclark.edu

A quote of the week for you to think about:

"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

♥ Jessica