Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone!!

Did you dress up today? I wore my unicorn onesie all day and went downtown with my friend, Karli, to get chipotle because $3 boorritoヽ(ヅ)ノ

Karli and I 
As said in the last post, I am going to show you the lab that I did for General Chemistry! In this lab, we were testing water samples to find their concentrations of Ca2+ and Mg2+ ions and the hardness (the milligrams of calcium carbonate per liter). The first step was to create our EDTA solution which was used to indicate when the ions were no longer present in the water sample. For us to see when the ions were no longer present, we put in 4 drops of calmagite which turned our water sample a pink-purple color and when it turned blue, that meant the water sample had no free Ca2+ and Mg2+ ions!
       
EDTA solution

Water Sample with Calmagite

Water Sample after titration using the EDTA
What's super nice thing about lab is that because we have such a long time frame to get it done, there really is no rush. Plus, the discussion questions are left to do the next week so there's no pressure to get everything done at once! 

Other than the lab, my friends and I rented a projector from IT and decided to watch the new season of Stranger Things which was amazing!! Originally, we said "Oh, we'll just watch the first two episodes" but we actually did waaaaaaay more than that! We ended up staying up until 4 AM and finished the entire season which I do not regret at all. 


Okay well, it is time to tackle the large amount of homework that I have to get done because ya girl procrastinated a little bit too much today so it's time to get down to business! Remember to always take care of yourself and your health comes first!

If you have any questions or just want to talk, you can reach me at:

jessicadoan@lclark.edu

Here's the quote of the week!

“A story should have a beginning, a middle and an end, but not necessarily in that order.” - Jean-Luc Godard

♥ Jessica