Happy Mole Day!

Hey everyone! How's are you? How's it going?

As you can tell by the obvious blog post title, it's mole day! What is mole day? Well, in chemistry, there's this number called Avogrado's number which is 6.022×1023 so on October 23 (10/23), Mole Day is celebrated! I don't know how I'm going to celebrate Mole Day this year but I'm going to find a way to. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Being the exciting person I am, I spent my weekend volunteering and studying for a super-amazing E&D midterm!! It sounds sooooooo fun doesn't it?? Okay, well, volunteering on Saturday was the best part of my weekend, except for when the wind blew our tent away and so the rain got everything wet. 

A little video from Saturday

What was I volunteering for? Well, one of the aslc committees is the Community Service and Relations Committee and ya girl is part of that committee! One of the main focuses of this committee is to fundraise for this student-run fundraiser called Pios for Pios! What is Pios for Pios? Like I said earlier, it is a student-run fundraiser for students who need a bit of help paying for tuition due to circumstances far from their control. So, for example, you filled out your FAFSA (which is a reminder for all you readers to get that done because the sooner the better!!) and then one of your parents loses their job and you can't pay your full tuition and just need some more money. That's where Pios for Pios comes in! You would come to us and we would work with you to help you pay that, maybe, last $200! If you have any more questions about this, you can email me or check out this website: https://aslclark.org/pios4pios/ !

I was freezing while volunteering on Saturday but it was fun to have such a super close view of the game, despite having to duck for my life when the football was heading our way. Let's just say I may or may not have had a very long shower and nap afterward ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That's all I have for today and next week, I'll be telling you all about the Water Hardness Lab that I will be doing this Wednesday for my General Chemistry Lab Class! Remember to always take care of yourself and it is okay to take a day to relax!

If you have any questions or just want to talk, you can reach me at:

jessicadoan@lclark.edu

Here's the quote of the week!

"When I meet you, in that moment, I'm no longer a part of your future. I start quickly becoming part of your past. But in that instant, I get to share your present. And you, you get to share mine. And that is the greatest present of all." - Sarah Kay (my all time favorite Spoken Word Poet ever)

♥ Jessica