LAST SEMESTER

Hi friends!

I'm sorry, it's been a long time, I took a break in the fall because I just got so caught up and busy with work and classes. But it's a new semester and it's also MY LAST SEMESTER!!!

Let me rewind a bit for those of you who are new though.


Hello!

My name is Kate, I'm a senior BCMC (Biochem Molecular Bio) major. I grew up in Boston and moved across country when I came to LC. I'm currently working towards just graduating, but I hope to attend med school (after taking a few years off and working in the biomed field in LA)


I love dance and this semester I'm going to be dancing and choreographing for Dance Y (the spring dance program) and then also bringing back my Dance X piece from the fall and dancing and preparing to take it to a conference in March!!! We're traveling to Utah for ACDA (American Collegiate Dance Association)!!! I'm also planning on hopefully dancing in the spring International Fair.

Dance X from this fall!


I also like climbing, and I'm currently trying to get into the climbing class at LC. There's a bouldering gym a few miles away from campus and I used to go all the time with friends, and I want to get back into it.
I also work at a ton of places across campus, this blog is through the admissions office. I also work on the campus coffee shop - Maggies, in the Counseling and Psychology office on the grad campus, as well as College Outdoors. I've got a ton of posts about my work especially through College Outdoors so be sure to check them out!


This semesters schedule looks pretty decent, I know it's going to be insane once the work picks up though. I am in Metabolic Biochem, Biochem lab, Physics 142 ( intro second semester) and then Biomedical Imaging. I'll also resume all of the jobs, working about 19-21 hours per week. YIOKES. Not sure I'm ready quite yet, as it's the first day of the semester after a nice long break.

I always love hearing from prospective students, so feel free to reach out if you have any questions about life at LC or anything I've talked about. I've done a couple of "takeovers" too - and you can find the most recent as a highlight on the Lewis and Clark instagram -- I think it's named "A Day in the Life"


My email is: ksaylor@lclark.edu

LC's instagram: lewisandclarkcollege
My instagram: kmjys97

     (I recently just took down all my posts, but I often post stories and pictures of campus or things around Portland)

Cheers!
Kate