Spring Introduction and Puppy Pictures


Hello everyone,

Ivanova at 7 weeks old

This will be my last semester writing for the Real Life blog as I will be graduating next May. (Barring any unforeseen circumstances).  I figure I’ll start this post with a tiny bit about me, but you can also look back through these last 3.5 years of archives to learn about my entire time at L&C.  I’m a double major in biology and computer science.  I finished up my biology requirements last semester, so this semester is focused on computer science, but I’m also auditing Animal Behavior just because I thought it would be interesting.  This semester I am taking Software Development, Networks and Web Development, Statistical Concepts and Methods, an independent study in Bioinformatics, and Pukulan (a martial art PE class).

Ivanova at 4 months old

In addition to working for this blog, I help manage the databases for College Outdoors.  My hobbies are rather outdoors oriented so it’s fun to have managed to combine that with my computer work.  I enjoy hiking, identifying wild plants/mushrooms, wilderness survival, and I am co-president of L&C’s Fire Arts club. (That means spinning fire much like David did in Lilo and Stitch but without the accidental burns).

Ivanova and her best friend, Penny.

After school, my biggest commitment is Ivanova, my 4-month old puppy.  I got her last November and between training and walks she takes up a lot of time, but I think it’s worth it.  I bring her to the park (well… it’s actually a dog friendly graveyard) once or twice a day (in addition to a walk) and, while that does take time, it makes me get outside a lot which is a great break from schoolwork.  Plus, who couldn’t love that face?

Foggy morning in the graveyard

I’m always happy to answer questions about Lewis & Clark so please feel free to email me at ameliaberle@lclark.edu if you have any!