Class, Work, Dance, Repeat

Hey friends, 

Sorry it's been so long. I took off a week because truthfully it totally escaped me. It's been a whirlwind: I'm in the middle of midterms season, I quit one of my jobs and have been transitioning to upping my own "business", and I'm rehearsing 12 hours of dance, and in addition to I'm trying to get some hours in the studio setting some choreo for my own piece. 

I had my first metabolic exam last Wednesday, I have physics this next Wednesday and the following Wednesday I have my Biochem Lab exam. My biochem lab is going well, but we spent 5.5 hours on Friday. We've been busy - we're doing bacterial transformations, PCR gels, agarose gels, site directed mutagenesis for a DNA primer mutations via NEBase, gel electrophoresis, gravitrap purifications, medium and large scale expressions --- long story short because I don't even fully understand everything I'm doing -- we're introducing a mutation to understand the binding of a motor protein that is important to function.

As for my job, it was my job at Maggie's - the coffee shop on campus. It has been a great time, but a lot of things are changing, and as it's my final semester on campus I'm ready to also chill out and focus on my classwork and give myself some free time. I've been transitioning to do a lot of digital art - mostly tattoo designs, some logos and portraits too. I use an iPad that I was actually awarded through this job for the admissions office! Writing these blogs is an easy job and it gives me a lot of opportunities, for example interacting with all of you and the prospective students. 




These are all my dance videos from just the last week alone!
(Shameless plug, if you want to check out my digital art work I'm doing check it out. )

As for the dance, 4 of those hours are for international fair, which is only a week away now! International Fair is annual celebration where we showcase the many cultures and nationalities that are represented at LC.  I'm dancing in two of the regions' dance pieces. Then I'm still doing 3 different Dance Y pieces, and getting ready for the Conference in Utah that's in just a few weeks!!! 

That's it for now because I'm busy busy and I need to study, plus grocery shop plus laundry... that exciting adult life lol.




Cheers,
Kate

ksaylor@lclark.edu