LC Snow Day

Hello everyone!

This week Portland saw its first real snowfall of the year. On Monday night I went into downtown with my friend to see the band Hippo Campus (they’re also from Minnesota!). When we came out of the concert the snow had begun to stick to the ground and accumulate. Then on Tuesday, campus closed for half the day so there were not any classes happening until the afternoon which was pretty nice since. Since I am from Minnesota I think that the snow here in Portland is funny. It snows maybe one inch and everything closes whereas in Minnesota there has to be feet of snow before any schools decide to close. The LC campus is so beautiful when it does snow.


Even with the cooler temperatures, I did make it out on the Willamette to row once this week. It was definitely chilly but it was so worth it. I really missed being out on the water every night and getting to row in the boats instead of always erging indoors. We will hopefully be able to get outside more as it starts to warm up again.


What’s crazy is that I have my first set of midterms coming up in about a week. Where does the time go? We are already starting on our 4th week of the semester. Something new I did this week was lead on of the tours! I was pretty nervous but once I got the hang of it it was really fun and I love being able to share the school with prospective students and families.







Have a wonderful day,
Sarah


Have a question? Email me at: slind-macmillan@lclark.edu