Happy March!

Hello everyone!

This has been another crazy busy week! I had both my econ and American politics midterms, meetings to go to, a service project, and of course homework. On Saturday, the entire crew team went and helped sort coats to be donated to seasonal workers in need. The sun came out this weekend and it felt like spring for the first time. On Friday after class, students were already sitting out on the lowers lawns soaking up the sunlight. I have applied to be a New Student Orientation leader for next fall. If I get the job, I will get to help the class of 2023 get settled into college life at Lewis & Clark. This weekend, I got to see the movie Free Solo (about how a guy climbed El Capitan with no equipment or safety gear) in my friend's dorm: we hung up a sheet and got a projector from the IT lab in the library and watched it on their wall. Lewis & Clark had their annual International Fair on Saturday which was really cool to see the school and the community supporting its students from various cultures and backgrounds. Instead of regular brunch on Saturday, a bunch of student groups prepared food from various countries for people to eat. There was food from Vietnam, India, Costa Rica, and more!

Ski trail on Mt. Hood

The peak of mount hood is right behind us!
Today I got to student coordinate a College Outdoors skate skiing trip on Mount Hood. I was really excited to go on this trip because I have never skied before. Mt. Hood was beautiful today! The sun was out and the sky was clear. Skate skiing was definitely pretty hard but it was a really good workout and I really enjoy learning new physical skills. Now I want to try downhill skiing. A lot of people in Minnesota ski, but it was just something that I had never really had the chance to try at home so I figured I might as well try it here in Oregon.

We only have three weeks until spring break which is wild! It seems like a long time in some sense but I know it is going to fly by.

Have a wonderful day,
Sarah