Is It Spring Yet?

Boathouse Sunset

Hello everyone!

This week we have had ALL the weather: rain, hail, snow, and sunshine. Portland really can’t decide if it wants to be spring or winter. I just looked at the weather and it says it might be up in the 60s in a week! Tuesday night we ended our row on the Willamette with a magnificent sunset (pictured above).

On Tuesday, the Campus Activities Board had the second pop-up in our series. We gave away free Girl Scout cookies to make people’s day a little better. We are going to be having a St. Patrick’s Day pop-up on the 18th and we will be giving away donuts (maybe they’ll be green).
Yesterday we had our first race of the season, we hosted a scrimmage on the Willamette River against University of Oregon, Portland State University, and Oregon State University. It was a beautiful sunny day on the river and some of my friends came out to support us which was really cool since most of our races are farther away so our friends never get to see those. One of the boats I raced in was a women’s 4 and it was fun because during our last race we pulled multiple boat lengths ahead of the U of O women’s 4 we were racing against and their men’s 4.

After the race, the LC crew team and some of our coaches went to Banning’s to eat. I was so hungry because I had to wake up around 6:30 am to get ready for the day and then I had only eaten a bagel and some mango at the boathouse in between races. It was really fun to hang out with the crew team and I am looking forward to our first official race next Saturday in Tacoma.

On Friday night during our practice on the river, we got hit with all kinds of weather. It was cold, raining, then hailing, then raining, and then hailing again. And then towards the end, it started snowing! My hands were soooooo cold. The good things about rowing in terrible weather is that it makes days like yesterday, warmer and sunny, amazing!

ALSO, Spring Break is literally in two weeks!! I am simultaneously so excited because I'll get to see my family but also don't want it to be spring break because I have 3 days of midterms right before it.

Have a wonderful day,
Sarah