Busy Final Semester Part I




So I haven’t written in a while, I apologize, but I have been caught up in a very busy last semester.  Here are some highlights that have happened since my last post.

Our data science mascot inspecting my project

Graduation is coming up quickly (less than 3 weeks away!) and my academic life has been really busy.  I am working on an independent study project in computer science.  Basically, I have been writing a program which uses genetic algorithms to find areas in a gene sequence which are experiencing selection.  In addition to that, my team in Software Development has been writing software for use in one of the school’s biology labs.  We are writing a program to analyze the amount of sunlight that comes through the forest canopy.  On top of that, I am in Networks & Web Development so I’ve been making a lot of websites for homework.  (It has been a busy computer science year).


Ivanova is learning to help around the house



Just before spring break was our spring fire show.  It went really well!  This year’s theme was “Murder Hotel.”  We had a couple members who performed in front of an audience for the first time.  Everyone put a lot of work into their numbers and it showed.  Over the two nights we had over a hundred people come and see the show.  If you are interested in an active art form, or you just like the idea of taming fire, I highly recommend you look into joining Fire Arts.  I’ve been a member or a leader for my entire four years here and I have loved it.


Cotton-tail, one of our orphan bunnies,
wishes you a happy Easter!

Have any questions?  Contact me at ameliaberle@lclark.edu