Home Stretch

Hello everyone!


This week has been really busy. I went to a Maggie Rogers concert with my friends on Monday night. The sun came out on Thursday which was lovely. Festival of Scholars was this past Friday. Students presented on their research and artwork that they had done. I sat in on a session about immigration and refugees which was really interesting. On Friday night I went to see Dance Y which was super cool.

Yesterday was the Northwest Collegiate Rowing Conference championships. The Lewis & Clark crew team raced against Pacific Lutheran, University of Puget Sound, Mills, and Pacific. We raced on Vancouver Lake and the weather was very nice for racing. I rowed in the women’s varsity 8 and the women’s novice 4 boats. The women’s varsity 8 boat placed 3rd and my novice 4 boat won first place which was super exciting. The novice 4 race was hard because all 4 of us had already rowed in the varsity 8 race a half hour before so we were already tired. At the 1000 meter mark, we started really pulling away from the other boats and by the end of the race, we were boat lengths ahead of them. It was really amazing because going into the race none of us thought we would win.



There are only two more weeks of classes and just three weeks until I leave Portland. This coming week, the crew team is driving down to California for WIRA and we will be there all weekend. I am super excited to race at WIRA. I am also a little stressed out just because there isn’t much time left in the school year so I have lots to do and my whole upcoming weekend will be filled with rowing and not much time for other things.


Have a wonderful day,
Sarah