WIRA & LC Crew

Hey everyone!

This week has been crazy busy and this coming week is already our last week of classes. On Thursday afternoon the entire LC crew team got on a bus and headed down to Sacramento, California. We did the trip in two days, stopping in Grants Pass, OR for a night to split up the long bus ride. However, tonight we are doing the entire trip from Sacramento back to Portland in one shot. We are supposed to get back to campus around 1am on Monday which will be fun. This coming week is going to be quite hectic with only 4 days of classes and then reading days. I have my last econ midterm on Tuesday and my final E&D presentation this week as well.

WIRA (the Western Intercollegiate Rowing Association Championships) has been really great. It has been really special to get to row at a high level in my first year ever of crew. I have loved spending time with my team and watching all the other races. At WIRA I raced in the women's varsity 8 and we moved onto the petite finals. The weather has also been amazing. It was a bit of a shock getting off the bus on Friday and stepping out into 80ยบ+ weather and full sun. I am really looking forward to three more years of WIRA but I am also sad to say goodbye to all the amazing seniors on the team this year.

I cannot believe my first year of rowing is already over and my first year of college is less than 2 weeks from being over. So much has changed since coming to college. There are always harder times but I think they really do push me to grow and become a better and stronger person. I have had so many opportunities in just one year and I have worked to take advantage of every single one. Joining the crew team especially has taught me so many things. Crew gave me a lot of new friends from different areas, it gave me a great daily workout, and the chance to travel around and be a part of a close-knit team.

Have a wonderful day,
Sarah