Wow, I'm a Junior

Hello everyone!

If you've been sticking to the blog for awhile, you might remember me!

My name is Jessica Doan and I'm from Long Beach, CA! I'm a third year chemistry and
Me!
math minor and have three jobs on campus. Yea, three jobs is a lot but they're all work study jobs which means they're flexible with my schedule. I'm a math grader, chemistry lab prep assistant, and a TA for the Organic Chemistry Lab! Basically, I'm a busy, busy person just tryna find the balance between everything that I do!

Even with my busy schedule, I really am enjoying and loving this semester! I mean, I'm a third year! A! THIRD! YEAR! It feels like yesterday when I just moved into my dorm in Copeland Hall. And now, here I am, sitting on the floor of my apartment, bundled up in my blanket, and doing homework. It makes feel so proud of myself for making it this far! Granted, I sometimes wonder what I'm going to do post-undergrad and post-grad but right now, I'm really enjoying the time and memories I make here!

Room!
Unlike a little bit over than half of the juniors here, I am actually still living on campus! We are fortunate enough to have apartments on campus for juniors and seniors! I live in West Hall with just one other person. We get our own kitchen, bathroom, and bedrooms. The only thing is, we have to clean our own apartment. I love cleaning so it's no big deal but it's finding the time to really dedicate to cleaning that I find very, very tough. But we try our best to make sure we just always clean up after ourselves!


View at Powell's
I'm a person that keeps to themselves a lot and just kinda focuses on my studies and work but I do try to go downtown here and there. Most of the time, I don't go downtown or to the store unless it is absolutely necessary haha! When I go out, I really try to make the most of it. I make a plan as to what pio (the bus available for students to use) I'm going to take and where I'm going to go and what I'm going to do. One of my favorite places to go to is Powell's which is a super big book store in Portland! I love going to their cafe, getting my usual of a hazelnut latte, and getting some of my reading done! It's such a nice place to study at and I'm a people watcher so I love sitting at the window and just watching people go about their days!

Unlike the sun showing in this photo, it's currently cloudy, rainy, and cold. Just the way I like it! We had such odd weather the past 4 weeks of school but it seems like Portland is going back to what it's known for: rain and cold! Which is what really attracted me to Portland when I was deciding schools. I didn't want to be anywhere that's too hot and sunny but also not freezing cold so Portland was the absolute perfect choice. Who knows, maybe I'll stay here once I finish school or at least come back every year to find new places and reminisce on the memories I made here!

Anyways, with it being a Sunday, I must get back to my work (*cries internally*). Being a STEM major means that I have many...many...many midterms headed my way. But fall break is coming soon so that's what's keeping me going right now. I hope you all have an amazing rest of the week and remember to take care of yourselves!

Just a little encouragement to start off your week!
If you have any questions or want to chat, feel free to email me at jessicadoan@lclark.edu!

~ Jessica