Climbing to New Heights

Hello everyone,

Week 5 is done so we are a third of the way done with fall semester! It also means that we are in midterm season. This past week I got my international political economy midterm back and did really well on it which is exciting because the hard work of studying paid off. I also took my US foreign policy midterm and felt pretty good about it. This coming week is fall break and I’m really looking forward to having some time off from school, work, and other activities. 

Yesterday, I competed in the Portland Boulder Rally which was my first ever climbing competition. It was amazing to be surrounded by so many climbers of all levels, ages, and backgrounds. The environment was super supportive and energized. I had a lot of fun pushing myself to try harder routes and test my limits. I came away from the comp feeling really strong and excited to continue climbing. I also took 3rd place in the Women’s Recreational category which was pretty neat. I’m excited to be on the LC’s climbing team because it will help me become a better climber. 


Last weekend I got to climb outdoors for the first time ever and it was so cool! I went on the Smith Rock trip with College Outdoors and we spent all of last Saturday out on the rocks climbing. It was so fun and challenging and I am stoked to do more of it now. It was a little bit rainy and cold when we were walking into the park but luckily once we started climbing it cleared up and warmed up. Due to the less favorable weather there were fewer people climbing so we got to climb some walls that are normally busy. It was fun to hangout with my friends on the trip and make new friends as well. 


Have a wonderful day,

Sarah