Next Semester Plans

Hello everyone! How are you? I hope everyone is having an amazing Sunday! Unlike me who is catching up on work...like always...remember kids, do as I say not as I do ;) LOL

I'm so excited for Halloween coming up this Thursday! For those of you who participate in Halloween, are you going to be dressing up? I know I will just to get my $3 burrito from chipotle! Nah but Halloween has always been one of the days I look forward to such much! What's awesome is that a good majority of the campus does dress up for the day!

With week 9 coming in hot, the time has come to think about classes for next semester already! I was going over my 4-year plan with my amazing faculty advisor, Anne Bentley and wowe is it really hitting that I'm junior. I plan on getting a majority of my upper level 4 credit classes done next semester which are: Physical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry Lab, and Advanced Inorganic. This lets me have the freedom to focus mainly on my thesis senior year but I still need to take a total of 4 units of elective courses for the chemistry major. Besides the requirements for the chemistry major, I have one more 4 credit international studies course left to take for my gen ed requirements! I'm still looking into which one I should take but I'm thinking about taking the "Emergence of South Asia" course but I'm really bad at history soooooo idunno yet...

Unfortunately, I had to also make the choice of ending my math major/minor idea. Realistically, I wasn't going to be able to finish the requirements in time because of the classes conflicting with each other. There was just no way I could squeeze in everything unless I have an an entire semester where I take three different math courses which imo just doesn't sound fun or enjoyable. I love math and it challenges me but sometimes things just don't work out and it's okay! At the end of the day, I had to make the decision as to what would keep me happy and sane.

I'm super stoked for next semester though! I'm looking forward to all of my classes except maybe history but I'm trying my best to find a course that I will enjoy whole heartedly!

Anywho~~ I got some little bits and pieces of homework to finish so imma end it here! I hope all of you have a wonderful night and have a safe and fun Halloween!

If you have any questions or just wanna chat send me an email:

jessicadoan@lclark.edu

See y'all later!

- Jessica