Spooky Midterms

Hi everyone!

It's October which means that it's spoopy season but....it also means...midterm season...

I'm taking a total of 5 classes with one being a lab so I only have four midterms to take. Right now, it's our last day of fall break which is more like a long weekend than it is a break buuuuut I have only gone through 2 midterms and have 2 left to do. I'm so happy for this break though. I was starting to feel like this skeleton on the left from everything that I had to do. Yea, being a STEM major is difficult but I enjoy everything I get to do and learn in my classes and in lab so I guess it's a pretty a good balance. Besides, what's life without challenges here and there? Plus, all my professors are amazing and I am so happy to have them as professors!

Since it's fall break, I've had a friend from home come and visit me while I was on break! While he came earlier on in the week, we weren't really able to go many places because of...midterms (gives me chills writing the word). But, Portland was kind to us and still gave us an entire week of pretty good weather. What I mean by good weather is that it still isn't the stormy, chillingly cold PNW weather. The sun came out to say hi and the clouds gave us beautiful white morning skies! Since it was still good weather, we were able to go to various places like the Portland Japanese Garden! What's great about the garden is that you can show them you're student ID and they'll give you a student discount! I've been wanting to go to the gardens for awhile and only had the chance to go to the International Rose Test Garden which is absolutely beautiful and free to go to! The roses smell absolutely amazing and when the sun is out and warm, it's a nice place to have a picnic at! When we went to the Japanese Garden, it was so beautiful!
Koi Fish
My favorite part is the tiny waterfall they have and the koi fish pond! The koi fish here were a lot bigger than the ones I've seen before. My suspicions (and I'm probably wrong LOL) is that it's because it's colder here so they're much fatter to keep themselves warm.
I absolutely love being outdoors when I have the time and chance too. I love walking and just enjoying the beautiful greenery and views that nature has to offer us! There is nothing more refreshing than going on a walk and just enjoying the peace of mind nature creates. Just being able to enjoy the simple things in life and just for a moment, forgetting all the stress and frantic moments that being in school has to offer. Which is why I am so happy for this break. Sure, it's only a four day weekend but being able to have four days to mentally and physically take care of myself is just so refreshing. Having the chance to finally clean my apartment and properly stock up my fridge and pantry just comforts me. Also, being able to catch up on work that I may have fallen behind on a bit is even better. Knowing that everything is okay and fine for the time being has me feeling better in bed every night when I go to bed.

Anyways, I need to make lunch because ya girl is hungry haha + + another perk of living in the apartment is being able to cook! Hmmm maybe I'll make some grilled cheese today? Who knows, I might just have the leftover spaghetti I made last night haha

I hope you all have an amazing week and here's a spoopy gif of encouragement:

If you have any questions or anything, email me at:

jessicadoan@lclark.edu

Have an amazing week everyone!

- Jessica