A Week on the Hill

Hello everyone!

This has been a pretty good week overall. The international affairs department is hiring a new professor soon so there have been various potential candidates on campus and they’ve been giving lectures so that current students can observe and give feedback about them to the board that’s deciding who will get hired. I went to one of the lectures by a professor who studies international law and it was really interesting. 

In my international political economy class we are beginning to work on our final project which are essays that are structured and written like Economist articles. My group is writing about the impact that artificial intelligence will have on international political economy and we are arguing that it will have a negative impact. It has been interesting to start researching the topic since I have never really learned about AI before. I will only have two actual final exams (one in US foreign policy and one in humanitarian intervention) whic is nice.

This Friday, the Campus Activities Board put on an event called “Dog Daze”. We invited faculty and staff to bring their dogs for students to pet and play with. We also got coffee and hot chocolate to give out to people that came to the event. It was super successful and there were so many cute dogs! My favorite was this beautiful golden retriever that came. 

On Saturday, my roommates and I went downtown to the Saturday Market to look around and did some homework at 40lbs, a fun coffee shop near the river. The weather has been so nice lately. There has been a lot of sun - but it still feels cold. There were so many dogs out and about so we also got to see lots of cute dogs. We also started decorating our room for the holidays. 

I am so excited to be going home this coming week for Thanksgiving break! I just have two days of classes to get through and then I’ll be home with my family! It’s also an exciting time because when I get back to school there’s just a week and a half of classes left before finals begin. It is so crazy that the semester is already winding down. I counted and I only have 9 days of classes left (spread over the next 3 weeks)!

Have a wonderful day,

Sarah