Fall Ball



Hello everyone,

This week has been great but also really hard. There has been so much stress building up for this week due to a midterm, a paper, and Fall Ball. And I got sick this week - I think partly because everyone has been getting colds but the stress made it worse.

On Thursday, I woke up at 6 am to go to my professor’s office hours she has at 7 am the hour before the midterm. I remember turning over the test and this huge wave of relief washed over me because we only had to write two essays and we got to pick which ones. Of course I picked the two that I was better at and had stronger arguments for. I walked away from that test feeling relieved and confident that I showed my knowledge. Now we only have a group project left and International Political Economy will be over! I also finally turned in the paper I’ve been working on for about a month. My paper is a policy paper that is addressing the integration of refugees in Germany. I suggest multiple different policies that Germany could take to better integrate refugees and make recommendations. It’s been the hardest paper I’ve written so far because of the need to write out comprehensive and detailed policies while keeping it concise and including analysis. However, I have really enjoyed reading about the topic and furthering my own knowledge on an issue I feel is very important. The process was made even better by frequent meetings with my professor to talk through my ideas and drafts. 

Fall Ball was this Saturday night downtown at an event space called Pure Space. The CAB exec board has been working since last spring to plan this event for the students. I remember doing our first walk through of the space back in March. The night went smoothly and turned out to be so much fun! The CAB exec board was there from 7pm to about 1:15am running the dance. We had food catered by Cheryl’s on 12th, a photo booth, and DJ. I loved seeing everyone dressed up and I wore my prom dress from my senior year of high school (I figured Fall Ball would be a good time to wear it since I’ll likely never wear it again). Dancing with all my friends was super fun too.

I am excited because in a week and a half I’ll be home! This next week is not looking too crazy. I only have some smaller assignments due before the break which is nice. 

Have a wonderful day,

Sarah