Friendsgiving!!! (and other fall festivities)

🍂🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🍂


We're coming to the end of week 11?? The semester is truly flying by and now that we're really into November and the spooky season is behind us it's time to start making holiday plans with friends! Last year for our first semester on campus my friends and I got together and made tacos in the Odell main lounge for Friendsgiving in our first years away from home. This year as we've grown to know each other more, and more over the last year, and we're continuing the tradition for this thanksgiving. 

It can be hard sometimes to find time to get together all in a group, so I really appreciate the time we do get. It's so wonderful to see all of the people I enjoy and love most at LC all coming together to share a meal and enjoy our time together 

A few weeks ago we all got together for a fun breakfast for dinner that one of my friends organized. I have a ton of cooking stuff (thanks IKEA and goodwill) and friends borrow it all the time and I enjoy sharing. So I lugged all my cooking supplies over to the Holmes dorm from my room in Manzi, because Holmes has the best kitchens. The main common room was occupied so we headed off to one of the slightly smaller kitchens and it worked out really well, we had our own room to ourselves. We listened to music and cooked pancakes and just had a chill night after we had all gone to a rugby game to cheer on one of my friends. 

Now we're rolling up to the holidays and I'm looking forward to doing the same thing for thanksgiving. I think we might try to make tacos again to keep the tradition going. (Plus I'm confident at making tacos). My family at home in New Mexico eats some form of tacos at minimus twice a week so it's really nice for me to bring something that my family does and make it into a tradition with my friends here. And I think cooking is really just something that brings people together

In other upcoming events, fall ball is happening this weekend which is very exciting. Fall ball is a dance put on by campus activities board every year. It's a really fun annual event and it's a good excuse to get all dressed up. My friends and I are planning to get dressed up and have a fancy dinner in the bon before we take the bus to the venue and sing along badly to pop songs. 


If you have any questions about life at LC or anything at all please feel free to email me at quentingaul@lclark.edu