The Beginning of the End

Where do I even begin? The past couple of weeks have been absolutely insane here at LC. Midterms are finishing up as well as the end of all fall season athletics. There is such a shift of culture on the hill, it is incredible. Women's soccer tied with Whitworth - an incredible soccer team. Football won against University of Puget Sound for the first time in six years. Cross Country went from last to third for both the women's and men's teams. And for volleyball, we swept Whitman and beat second-ranked Whitworth in five sets on senior night.

All of our athletic programs are really switching gears and this is definitely the place to be in the upcoming years for conference championship contenders.

I found this year that the end of the volleyball season was bittersweet for several reasons. The first being that this means that I am officially halfway through my collegiate volleyball career which is crazy. This has been a dream of mine since I was ten, and now I have two years left playing the sport that I love.

During our off season, we will be missing several of our players because they will be studying abroad in Australia and New Zealand. I feel like there is a common misconception that student-athletes cannot study abroad but it is definitely possible. Fall sport athletes study abroad in the spring and spring sport athletes study abroad in the fall. Winter sport athletes have the option of studying abroad in one of the summer programs. I am planning on studying abroad in the spring of my junior year in Ireland - fingers crossed that I get accepted.

As usual, if you have any questions about anything, please feel free to email me at iartiaga@lclark.edu

Have a great week!
~ Isabel Artiaga