Week 10!

Hello everyone!

This was just the 10th week of the semester. After looking at the rest of this semester, I counted that I only have 18 days of actual class left which is crazy! The first round of registration for next semester happened this week and I signed up for an art history class because I want to get my art gen-ed requirement done. I'll be signing up for the rest of my classes later this week. In addition to art history, I'll also be taking Social Justice in the Global Economy, Global Resource Dilemmas, and hopefully statistics or maybe a religious studies course.

On Tuesday, this really cool woman from IRCO (the Immigrant & Refugee Community Organization) came to speak to my Humanitarian Intervention class about her job and what IRCO does. It was really interesting and inspiring to hear about her work and learn more about careers in the field. I definitely want to start getting involve with organizations to volunteer my time to help others.

My Thursday was crazy busy. Class all morning and then we have our weekly CAB exec board meeting right after I get done with classes. Then I went to the career fair for just a little bit before I gave a tour at 3pm. On Thursday night, my friends and I watched “Hunt for the Wilderpeople” which is one of my favorite movies (definitely recommend, its sweet and funny and beautiful)! 

This Friday was so gorgeous and sunny in Portland. All the leaves on campus have changed colors. On Friday, I got the email from the Overseas Office and I am officially going to Thailand next fall (2020) to study abroad. I am so excited to go! It is going to be really cool to learn more about ecology and environmentalism while in Thailand. I have a lot of friends who are also going on the same trip and I am looking forward to making new friends too. My friends and I went to get Lebanese food in northeast Portland on Saturday night and it was really good.