Midterm Stress Management

Hello everyone,

Happy March 1st! Can you believe it’s already March? 

Spring 2020 CAB Exec Board
This was another beautiful sunny week that went by too fast. I had my first midterm of the semester on Wednesday. The test was for my religious studies class and I studied a lot for it so I felt really prepared when I took it. On Thursday during our weekly meeting for CAB we took some new photos of the spring exec board members. CAB hosted a little succulent party on Friday where students could come hangout and get a succulent. On Saturday, my roommates and I went downtown to do homework at Behind the Museum Cafe and then took the bus across the river to the northeast Circuit bouldering gym. It was awesome to climb at a different Circuit location (I really only climb at the southwest location near LC). Mara and I were working on some Tension Board problems which were sick. We also stopped at the grocery store on the way home and made tacos for dinner. I thought this week felt pretty busy but my next couple of weeks are going to be even more busy.

I am pretty stressed out about the next week and a half. This coming Friday I have a paper due in my religious studies class (that just got assigned this past Friday). I also have a midterm for my art history class next Monday which I am quite worried about. There is a lot of content and art concepts are not my forte. I want to be spending a little bit of time each day this week studying for the exam. I am also very excited though because my lifelong best friend Zoe is coming from Minnesota to visit me next weekend because it’s the start of her spring break. 

I would definitely consider myself a very involved person. However, the downside of being so involved in everything is that it leaves little time for anything else. Most of my free time is taken up by meetings for various clubs and committees. So looking at the next week and a half I am trying to fit in maximum homework times and study time into my schedule without compromising sleep. This week I want to focus on being even more productive and proactive in order to stay on top of everything and manage my stress. When I get really worried about finishing everything I like to make a list of exactly what I need to get done and prioritize certain things over others. I know that in 8 days everything will be totally different and this big hill of work will be behind me. Spring break is just three weeks away so I am hoping it goes by smoothly. 

Have a wonderful day,
Sarah