Reasons I'm Excited for the Fall

Social Sciences | Lewis-Clark State

At this moment the future brings a lot of uncertainty and stress, but in the moments when I set that aside, I'm really excited for next school year. I know that even if things are a little weird and modified so that we can be safe, things will still be good. And I want to focus on that and share some of my optimism, so here in no particular order and some things I'm looking forward to:

Lewis & Clark CollegeBeautiful summer weather!! Lewis & Clark is a gorgeous place no matter what time of year it is, but it's especially pretty when all the flowers are in bloom and the trees are leafy and green. And the summer weather of august and the beginning of September is also wonderful because the rain is not yet in full force. It's the perfect time to lounge in the grass after seeing friends for the first time after the summer

Moving Into a New Dorm I have lived in 2 different quads in the same building for the last 2 years, but ext year I am getting a single in a new building (not sure which yet, but a new one) and I'm just looking forward to moving in and getting to decorate and set my things up in just the perfect way and make myself a new cozy little room.

Design Thinking and Con Law Classes There are also some great classes I'm excited for. I'm taking one of the con law classes this semester and it's challenging but I really like the professors, Lochner, I feel like I'm learning a lot. And the design thinking class is actually a theater class that is outside my usual area of study but it's for an art credit and I think it will be really fascinating and I enjoy doing thing outside my majors

Seeing My Friends  Of course this is always exciting after the summer, but I think it will be especially great next year because we will have all be apart for almost 6 months, and I also have some friends who were abroad this year who I haven't seen since Christmas, and I'm looking forward to seeing them

El Salvador - Student Leadership and Service (SLS) - College of ...Leading an NST with SLS It's not set in stone yet, but I'm applying and hopefully getting the position to lead a new student trip with student leadership and service for incoming new students. I'm really hoping NSTs can happen like normal because they are a great starting point for everyone's college journeys, and I'm excited to be a part of that beginning

Watzek at 50 - Libraries - College of Arts and Sciences - Lewis ...Fall at LC I know I said I was excited for summer weather, but the fall is also gorgeous and I just love watching the leaves gradually change color as I walk to class every day. And feeling the seasons change is always enjoyable to me, especially when the trees around the reflecting pool turn such amazing colors
Watzek Library - Visiting Us - Lewis & Clark
Studying in the Library Being stuck at home has really made me miss the library, and having the freedom to study there whenever I want. It truly is a nice cozy place to get on one of the macs and do some work, and to find a little nook to read for class. And I miss the be and flow of people though the library as classes go in and out throughout the day, it's a great place.