weekend life on campus

october 17 & 18 2020.


hello humans!!


Most Friday afternoons, I spend the time doing absolutely nothing, just how I like it. Because my classes keep me very busy, it’s nice to do nothing for a couple hours. (I’ll speak more on my classes soon, as well as other classes my friends are taking- that way we get a bigger perspective on the classes LC offers). At that point in time, I have completed the week, done with classes, and want nothing more to do with school. This past Friday however, my friend and I decided to take a trip to downtown portland. It was absolutely love to walk around, and we eventually found a spot to have dinner, got lost getting home but made it alive and safe. Starting Saturday’s and Sunday’s my roommate and I sleep in until the last 30 minutes before the BON stops serving brunch. Sometimes, we’ll do homework, but space it out throughout the day, and maybe we’ll take a walk around campus just so we leave our dorm and get a breath of fresh air.  I wanted to share a video from our bachata lesson. This was my first time learning how to dance bachata, and I absolutely loved it. This was definitely the highlight of my weekend, besides for not doing home (yet). My friend, Martin was a great teacher in instructing the basics and introductions to dance and its techniques. As some know LC offers a variety of student organizations, and anyone is more than welcome to join. I myself am involved in BSU (black student union), and queerbipoc, and a few others. I also have intentions to join a couple others such as Feminist Student Union, and Bachata Club, and many more throughout my four years at LC. Even though covid has made it challenging to physically participate in clubs and organizations, I’ve still been able to enjoy, communicate and build relationships with people through zoom. The students at LC run many clubs and organizations, so outside of the classroom environment, there are so many opportunities to have fun, try something new, or continue passions.


In my humble opinion, college during covid sucks sometimes. But I soon came to realize coming to campus allowed me to meet my awesome roommate and neighbors, and experience many firsts. I firmly believe that having a strong support system in college, and building your social life (should you choose to) is one of the best and important things I was able to do for myself. I understand college is stressful, but my friends and I still find time to explore downtown portland, or explore the LC campus, or to take trips to Maggie’s and just hang out is really de-stressing and fun. Also LC has professors who actually care, and work with students to build good relationships and networks. I’ll attach some photos of my friends and I, and a video from the bachata lesson. :)



dinner downtown- october 16th 

september 16th adventures

just in case you're wondering, I live with two people :) 



bachata video link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9Boe5CeHveeqzZSf7