An Introduction to Me!

Hello and welcome to the hub of my college experiences!  

I’m Jocelyn! You may know of me from my Lewis & Clark focused videos on youtube, if not, then that is another place where I post vlogs about LC when I’m not blogging on here! To give you some information on who I am and what I value, I am a junior at LC studying biology and chemistry.  I am fairly involved in our campus clubs and activities, work as a biology lab assistant, and love to explore our beautiful surroundings here in Portland.  A ton of students at LC come from California and, big surprise, I’m no different! No, but really, I grew up in SoCal and lived on a horse ranch in what I consider to be the desert… so the PNW was a big change! Now that I can live off campus, I’ve decided to live in my fully converted van.  Sounds kinda wild, which I suppose it is… but I actually have a sort of hybrid living situation.  All my best friends live in a house together, so I park there, hang with them, use their wifi, and take them on weekend adventures. To touch on why I chose LC, out of all the schools I was accepted to (will do a whole post on this later), I found that the relationship between students and faculty was something I didn't think I would have anywhere else.  I also knew coming in that I wanted to be able to participate in research as an undergrad, which is hard to find at other schools.  

I am looking forward to getting to know many of you as you inquire about LC and come to campus as first years! Hopefully this first blog entry gets you acquainted with who I am and you all feel like you can reach out with any questions you may have!! You can always find me on instagram (@moonrisesoul_) or email me at jocelyn@lclark.edu. ❤