LET'S TALK: a bit about mental health

Hi and welcome, as always I hope whoever took the time to read this blog is doing as well as can be :)


I just wanted to share that this blog is very subjective to my feelings and personal experience.

So it’s been a pretty interesting, wild, educational semester to say the least, and this week concludes our fall break, which means that online instruction starts back up on Monday. Because LC wanted those who were able to return home to go home, I made the decision to go home to AZ. I came to realize that having the opportunity and privilege to return home for the break has been a whirlwind for me. I tried to spend this week relaxing or getting out of the academic mindset, routine I was in while on campus, I tried to spend this week as my “break”. Instead I spent this week sleeping and kind of not acknowledging my emotions (even though they were many). Let’s just say I am constantly questioning everything because of the people I’ve met at college, and the environment in which I reside.


I recently was able to sit down with my friend who's still on campus and my roommate who returned home, and we just talked about the minor transition. The break is something I think we were all grateful for, but I don’t think we realized how much it was going and did affect us. The one thing we all share in common is that we had no motivation or emotional capacity to do anything, especially our assignments. Now, I can understand the idea of time management, “self discipline” (not my favorite combination of words), but when your mind is empty, maybe you’re not feeling anything, or just existing as a human being- it’s a bit challenging to force yourself to get in the mind space of homework and projects. My friends and I continue to realize how our emotions heavily affect and impact our motivation to work and “be academically successful and productive”. I’m also very grateful for my friends, and how we’ve all been able to support one another in this new and unexpected time in our lives. I hope you enjoy the photos of campus that I will miss, because I’ve decided to stay home for the spring semester.  


Anyone who’s reading this, please don’t forget to take care of yourself and your mental health. :)

It’s not easy.