LET'S TALK: student organizations, homework, courses, and weekend life

 hi, hello, and welcome. 

so in this post I wanted to take it down a notch and pause from the videos. I wanted to share about the week before Thanksgiving Break and how things are going, how classes and homework looks like.


Most of my weekend consisted of a mental break from society, classes, homework and life in general. So on Sunday was also a relaxed day despite the fact that I was stressed all day because of assignments, projects and exams due this week. Akin lower level hall had a boba night and a closing little zoom call, courtesy of our cool RA. More nice news, I had a Great Expectations (GE) meeting and we had Thai food to get together one last time and close out the semester. I’ll insert a short clip of the night. 


Something about GE, it’s actually super chill to be able to get with other POCs and first gen students and just have conversations, get to know each other and relate on so many levels of our identities. It is a group LC offers and if I’m not mistaken they welcome POCs and first generation students, it’s another form of a support group throughout college, and a great way to make connections and friends, and also a great opportunity to get to know upperclass students. There’s more to it and the LC webpage (if you search it up) can definitely tell you more, if you’re interested. :) 


In terms of my school schedule let me share real quick about the assignments due this week. It’s so wild that I’m only a freshman in my first semester of college and it’s just passing by so fast. In terms of work, let's just say there are approximately seven papers due the week before break and by the end of the semester (all different lengths and requirements for all four classes), two exams the week before break, plus various assignments :) so you know, we vibing, got some procrastinating going on, either way it’s gon get done.Here’s what my class schedule looks like:

MONDAY- intro to international affairs and first year seminar class

TUESDAY- jazz appreciation

WEDNESDAY- introduction to cultural anthropology and first year seminar class

THURSDAY- jazz appreciation 

FRIDAY- introduction to international affairs and first year seminar. 

Something to also add is the fact that I really enjoy some of my classes. For example, intro to cultural anthropology is very fascinating and makes me think about life and policies and understanding people in different ways, whereas intro to IA it’s more informational talk and it’s cool and very diverse as it is an introductory course.


One great thing about being in college is the fact that you get to design your own schedule, taking classes you’re actually interested in. Whereas US high school normally consists of consistent classes everyday. However, I am looking forward to my next semester classes. :)


If you read this far, thanks for sticking around, tchau :) 

video clip of GE food night: 
(p.s, I advise you to keep the video muted, unless you wanna hear me talk some nonsense haha)