My Favorite Photo

 

If you've lookes at the Lewis & Clark College website, I'm sure you've seen all the promotional photos of our beautiful campus. It is really beautiful, and it's often irresistible to take a photo to capture the moment. I wanted to share a few of my favorite photos from the last few years, and some stories with them. 




This photo is from fall of my high school senior year, when I visited and toured LC. I remember walking around the frank manor house and seeing this view and just being amazed and awed. The whole visit after this was really wonderful,

This was taken during my first few days as a first year at LC. I really enjoyed exploring all the nooks and crannies of LC with all my new friends. Especially in the warm and sunny august and September days of my first few weeks at LC, it was so fun to wanted around and discover new little views and paths and trees that I hadn't seen before. 






This is another photo from my adventures exploring campus with my friends from the new student trip I went on. This is a really great little amphitheater and hang out spot between the music building and te theater building. 

This picture shows the posters and some of the decorations I had up around my desk in my freshman year dorm. I got those posters at Powell's in Portland, and so many other first-years also had similar ones, so it felt like a very classic portland decor choice. I loved the big sheves above my desk, they could fit so much, and I really loved decorating them and filling them with books and school supplies. 

 
This photo shows all 4 of out closets from my first-year dorm, it was a crowded but cozy and happy space, I really loved it
The classic mountain view from LC is usually Mt. Hood, but here we see mount St. Helens, which is only visible from specific spots on campus. It's a real treat to see it.  










This is a picture from the LC club sailing teams practice. It was so fun to spend time out on the Willamette, and really pretty in the evening too










This is one I took walking around at night right after a really soft light snow. I just loved how the snow looked on the cobblestone path, and how you could see the tracks of a few people who were out late 

















This is another winter time shot of the tree outside my dorm window. One of my roommates called it the tree of life, and I agree. I love this tree.










Here is fall time! the colors around campus at this time of year are so amazing, especially in the reflecting pool area here, and I think the yellow is especially bright next to the stone path that's shiny with rain. 
This is another fall look around the estate gardens. This day was foggy, and it was just a delight to sit under the pagodas and take in the view and the foggy weather. 

I hope you've enjoyed checking out some of my favorite little vignettes of campus. I almost feel like I'm spoiling a few of the little surprised that there are to discover on campus, but this is my 3rd year here and I'm still finding gems to discover and delight me. 

I would love to chat about Lc and being a student here, so don't hesitate to email me at quentingaul@lclark.edu if you have questions!